Thursday, April 7, 2011

So...

We've got baby number two on the way. Just number two, we went in to have them counted and unless one is a super ninja, there was only one in there. Excited about having the next kid, relived that after this kid there will be no more, and a little stressed that kid number one shows no signs of being ready to potty train yet. Absolutely dismayed at the idea of having to change a two year old and a newborn at the same time... Already a little curious how Kid #1 is going to handle me breastfeeding Kid#2, since #1 REALLY did not want to wean... Hopefully all goes well and #1 understands that she's different that #2 and that the reason #2 breastfeeds is because she can't eat food the way #1 does... Hopefully. Also hoping that Kid#1 suddenly decides she's ready to potty train in the next 8 months...

Kid#1 has been driving me nuts with her terrible two-ing... refusing to go to bed when she's supposed to, throwing tantrums when I tell her no about something, I swear I'm gonna tape the kid to a wall for an hour... She put herself in time out today, that was a laugh. She wasn't even in trouble at the time, but started crying and put herself in the corner. I never figured out why she thought she was in trouble either... It's okay, it's just a phase, she'll grow out of it... or I'll sell her to the circus, one or the other. :D

A little apprehensive about the birth of Kid#2, my doctor said that as long as the doctor that delivered Kid#1 cut my uterus a certain direction (#1 was a c-section) then he'd be willing to let me try to naturally birth Kid#2, but since I fully intend to not have another kid after this he said it really made no difference, since the only real major risks of having multiple c-sections was that the placenta could grow into your scarring, which would be bad... but he also pointed out that if I CAN deliver naturally, it's a faster recovery and WAAAAAYYYY cheaper than paying for another c-section... Which is also nice. So yeah, on the fence on that one...

Anyway, tired now, going to stare vacantly at a chat room for another few minutes and then call it a night. Maybe I'll actually get some decent sleep tonight, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment